Monday, February 2, 2009

Newspapers: A Place To Learn Stuff

Newspapers today have so much to teach us. Especially if we come from 1983. For instance, there is this thing called the Internet, and people there have feelings.

On the Internet, people freely express their feelings of love or hate for people such as Kardashian, Hasselbeck, or President Barack Obama and things such as Beyoncé's "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)" video.

In my kitchen, I prepare and consume edibles such as broccoli, ham and cheese sandwiches or roast beef, and liquids such as orange juice. I thought you should know. If you like, I can tell you 900 more words about it.

That noodle kugel is creeping perilously close to the top of the Globe's most-emailed list again. Somebody perpetrate some journalism quick. (The one about Houghton Mifflin was good, but it won't keep that goddamn noodle kugel down forever.)

The kids, they also use cell phones.

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to contribute the gem described here to the pantheon of horrible trend "journalism". This is just the kind of thing that makes me want to throw my keyboard across the room, and i'm tired of buying new keyboards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Hee. I went and made that very same Diane Mapes Women Do's Ms. January, for calling bullshit on a bullshit How to Talk to Men seminar.

    Perhaps I was being too kind. She's pretty fluffalicious.

    ReplyDelete